Energy efficiency for boiler steam production with reverse osmosis
Listening and understanding your needs, proposing improvements, reasoning in Total Cost of Ownership, 20 years of experience have demonstrated the relevance of our proposals and our technical choices.
Continuous improvement, reduced consumption and your costs guide our technological choices.
Innovation to meet your goals
- reduce costs and simplify operations,
- secure your process and ensure continuous availability (8760h per year),
- avoid storing hazardous products (safety),
- save water and energy and reduce the use of chemicals (reduce environmental impact),
- use less space;
We ensure a constant regulatory watch and participate in various standardization commissions in the field of membranes, legionella risk, industrial re-use, in order to anticipate the regulations that will affect our customers.
We participate in research programs with the French University Research Center to improve our processes by integrating the most advanced and reliable technologies.
We provide on-site pilot testing programs for all our innovations before they are commercialized.
We use the best components, pumps, valves, PLCs, in order to guarantee the quality at the highest standards. Every components of our equipements are Made in France or Made in Europe
OPTIPERM Cooling Water
Optiperm is an innovation CHEMDOC, deployed since 2010 on a large number of industrial sites and having an important Return of experience very favorable.
Optiperm revolutionizes approach to treatment of cooling towers.
Optiperm aims to treat the waters of cooling tower systems by membrane technology that reduces the environmental impact on two distinct aspects:
- the reduction / elimination of the discharge volumes related to the deconcentration of the cooling towers,
- reducing the use of anticorrosive additives and synthetic bactericides.
The problem :
Evaporation of water in a stream of air in cooling towers represents the main means of eliminating calories in these industrial processes.
The industrialists and operators of these installations have to face problems :
- scale and deposits in exchangers (mineral precipitation, sludge, fouling,),
- biological development of bacteria, algae, fungi, including Legionella,
- concentration of minerals by evaporation of water
To combat the effects of these phenomena of scaling, biology and concentration, the usual solutions use two levers:
- dosage of many chemicals, often dangerous for people and the environment (anticorrosion, acids, biocides, etc.). These products control the cleanliness of surfaces and fight against bacteria, in particular Legionella
- Deconcentration purge, on average 50% of the water consumed is discharged into the natural environment
The OPTIPERM TAR solution
The use of reverse osmosis membrane technology coupled with eco-responsible chemical strategies allows the industrial:
- reduce the use of chemicals by 50 to 80%,
- reduce the cost of operating water and treatment by 30%, which in many cases allows a return on investment of less than 3 years,
- to greatly improve the results of corrosion and biological control, in particular Legionella.
These Optiperm solutions are also available for steam production with many advantages.
Reverse osmosis has a very competitive advantage compared to conventional softening systems,
- Significant maintenance gain
- Economy of water purges
- Reduction of chloride releases
- Removal of Chemical Storage
- Energy savings
As part of the CCE IND UT 125 energy-saving certificate, our Optiperm Boiler facilities allow the industrial to receive a grant of between 25 and 40%, which will allow you to Return on investment less than 2 years.
⇒ Certificat CEE IND UT 125 : Certificat Economie Energie IND UT 125 Traitement eau performant sur chaudière de production vapeur
The advantages of reverse osmosis on boiler water: :
- Reduction of boiler purges from 25 to 35%
- Energy saving (heat)
- Economy of water treatment products
- Optimum efficiency of boilers
- Best steam quality
- Return on investment in the range of 9 to 24 months
- Recovery of waste water for the process
REUSE industrial effluents
Re-use and recycling of industrial effluents have become practices that have been shared by many industrialists for a number of years. They are faced with problems of scarce resources, rejection or the ambition of tending towards zero discharge in the context of a reduction in their Environmental footprint.
At CHEMDOC our membrane expertise and water chemistry finds its place here, allowing us to design customized and turnkey processes according to each need of industrial.
Nevertheless, we remain very humble in the face of the complexity of industrial effluents, the diversity of chemical pollutants and toxic substances, variations in salinities, increasingly stringent rejection standards, and the industrialists’ desire to control the quality of their process.
All our projects are systematically validated by our engineering department during a preliminary stage of laboratory tests completed with pilot tests “in situ” .
We seek technical certainties, and deliver equipment that guarantees results.
- dimensioning and validating technical choices
- evaluate investment and operating costs
- real-time operation at scale and duration
- delivering projects with a technical and economic advantage.
Obtain technical certainties :
- permeation flow in l/h/m²,
- transmembrane pressure (bar)
- volume Concentration Factor
- retention rate and abatement rate
Providing a response to recycling needs :
Pre-treatment of raw water before demineralization, boiler water.
Reuse and recycling of process STEP outputs
Our sectors of reference: chemistry, paper industry, glassware, textile finishing,
Mobile container pilote :
Organic / ceramic ultrafiltration at frontal or tangential with or without head coagulation, followed by
Nanofiltration or reverse osmosis, UV treatment.
The pilots are made up of 3 different ultrafiltration membranes (ceramic and organic) and allow to make tests :
- in reverse osmosis alone,
- tangential ultrafiltration + reverse osmosis or nano
- in frontal ultrafiltration + reverse osmosis or nano
- chemical treatments, + UV in pre or post-treatment